LITTLE ROCK, Ark. — Windstream Hosted Solutions, one of the nation’s premier providers of enterprise-class managed hosted solutions, today announced plans to build a new enterprise-class data center in Charlotte, N.C.
Design and construction have already started and will result in a 72,000-square-foot facility with multiple 10,000-square-foot data center suites, delivered in a phased approach. The new data center—Windstream’s fourth in Charlotte and its seventh in North Carolina—is expected to open late in 2013.
This new enterprise Managed Hosting facility is the latest expansion in the Charlotte area and is Windstream’s seventh new data center in the past 18 months, further expanding Windstream’s nationwide network of data centers. It will be equipped to handle Windstream’s full suite of cloud computing, dedicated hardware, data storage, and managed services, helping business customers more efficiently manage resources and reduce costs.
The new Windstream Hosted Solutions data center will feature a full array of benefits, including:
• 2N modular design for easy capacity expansion as needed
• Customer workspace and build rooms
• 3000kVA of day 1 utility capacity easily expanded to over 12MVA
• True A-Side & B-Side power distribution via fully redundant 2N critical infrastructure
• 1215kW of day 1 usable UPS capacity expandable to over 3600kW
• High Efficiency Chillers with 450 tons of 2N day 1 cooling capacity expandable to 1350 tons
• Fire Suppression, including both FM200 and Dry-Pipe (double interlock pre-action fire suppression) and VESDA early detection system
• High capacity, burstable, carrier-neutral Internet connectivity via multiple Tier I Internet providers
• On-site Network Operations Centers (NOCs), fully staffed 24 x 7 x 365, providing facilities and network monitoring, security, technical and remote-hands support
• Access to multi-tenant infrastructure, such as Enterprise Cloud, EMC and NetApp SAN/NAS, F5 GTM/LTM platforms, as well as Cisco and Juniper network and security platforms.
Windstream Hosted Solutions offers a robust cloud computing solution that dramatically improves the efficiency and availability of IT resources and applications for enterprise businesses, allowing them to rapidly implement cloud services without capital investments so they can reshape their environment on demand. The Hosted Solutions suite includes public, private, and hybrid cloud products, available to businesses nationwide. These managed and dedicated hosting solutions, combined with Windstream’s full line-up of advanced network communications and technology products —including voice and data services such as VoIP, SIP trunking, MPLS, and dedicated high-speed internet—allow Windstream to offer its customers a complete set of integrated services.
“Many of our customers have already realized the benefits of integrated, personalized solutions from Windstream Hosted Solutions, and demand for those services has continued to increase significantly year over year,” said Chris Nicolini, senior vice president of data center operations for Windstream Hosted Solutions. “This newest data center represents our commitment to providing customers with the highest level of services and reliability in order to meet the changing needs of their businesses.”
Windstream Hosted Solutions serves a wide range of customers, including Belk, a leading national retailer; TITAN GS, a global consulting, technology services and outsourcing firm, and Bojangles, a nationwide chain of restaurants.
In late 2012, Windstream announced plans for two more state-of-the-art data centers in Nashville, Tenn., and Durham, N.C., both scheduled to open in 2013. Windstream has SSAE 16 compliant enterprise data centers strategically positioned in various locations throughout the United States. In addition to the new facility in Charlotte, Windstream has plans to open even more data centers this year.
For more information about Windstream Hosted Solutions, visit www.windstreambusiness.com.
Windstream Corp. (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, phone and digital TV services to consumers primarily in rural areas. For more information, visit www.windstream.com.