LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN) today announced the top 10 'Spirit Award' winners as part of the company's Classroom Connections program. The 10 schools were chosen from among 30 finalists through a public online vote and each will receive a $5,000 donation from Windstream.
The 10 winners are:
- Commerce Middle School – Commerce, Ga.
- Jay M. Robinson High School – Concord, N.C.
- J.R. Ingram Elementary School – Sanford, N.C.
- Laurel Hill Elementary School – Laurel Hill, N.C.
- Northwest Tri-County Intermediate Unit – Edinboro, Pa.
- Northwestern School – Mendon, Mo.
- Prague High School – Prague, Okla.
- St. Elizabeth School – St. Elizabeth, Mo.
- White County Ninth Grade Academy – Cleveland, Ga.
- Winder-Barrow Middle School – Winder, Ga.
More than 120 schools applied to Windstream's Classroom Connections program which donated a total of $150,000 to schools in 2010. All applicants were required to produce a video demonstrating their need for technology. Four schools were awarded $25,000 each earlier this year. All winning videos can be viewed online at www.lifetimetour.com/classroomconnections.php.
Windstream Corporation is an S&P 500 company with about $4 billion in annual revenues. Windstream provides phone, high-speed Internet and high-definition digital TV services to customers in 23 states. The company also offers a wide range of IP-based voice and data services and advanced phone systems and equipment to businesses and government agencies. For more information about Windstream, visit www.windstream.com.